Answered By: Donna Stewart Last Updated: Aug 26, 2020 Views: 6
YES! WE ARE HERE AND ARE FILLING REQUESTS FOR PRINT AND ELECTRONIC MATERIALS, including periodical articles from our own print journals on the 4th floor, while the floor is closed.
- We are working to fill requests for research articles and materials available in electronic format to be delivered electronically. A PDF of the article will be available by logging into Interlibrary Loan or as an email attachment.
- You may continue to request scans of book chapters or other physical materials. New scanning of print materials may not be possible until libraries, including ours, fully resume physical operations. If electronic access of these materials is possible, we will fulfill these requests as quickly as possible.
ABOUT BOOKS AND MEDIA
- Please feel free to submit Interlibrary Loan requests for print materials as normal. We recommend that you also save the item citation and resubmit your request after the University has reopened.
- If you have print materials checked out, please understand that we are waiving fines for print materials you have checked out, but due dates are at the discretion of the lending institutions, so we do need you to return them when due.
- Renewals are at the discretion of the lending institutions, so let us know if you wish to renew your materials, and we'll ask. If the lending institutions refuse our requests, we will need you to return them.
**TURNAROUND TIME: Please keep in mind that our ability to fill requests is limited, and that turnaround times will certainly be longer than usual, due to quarantine measures being taken on both sides of each transactions. Some universities may not have immediately restarted ILL lending, and others have not opened at all. As libraries begin to reopen their buildings and resume regular shipments, your requests will be processed. For assistance in locating alternative electronic sources, contact your Personal Librarian